The tour is ideally suited for people looking “for an exchange of cultures and a shared love of Aussie Rules in India”.
Highlights of the trip which will run from 6 – 16 November, 2013, include:
- Footy clinic in Udaipur with local footballers
- Taj Mahal, Agra
- Amber Fort, Jaipur (with elephant ride)
- Shivaji Park, Mumbai – home of the Aussie Rules team which they will meet
- Dharavi Slum – where the Mumbai players grew up
- Cricket match against a local XI team on Sachin Tendulkar’s home ground
- AFL India’s National Tournament, Goa. Opportunities to umpire and coach and an exhibition match
For full itinerary and price, click here.
* Reclink Australia and AFL India
- Reclink Australia’s mission is to encouraging people experiencing disadvantage to become actively involved in sport, recreation and arts programs to ensure positive health outcomes throughout the community
- AFL India’s mission is to promote participation in Australian Rules Football in India; to use football as a means of social engagement; and to foster relationships between Indian Aussie Rules communities in and outside of India.
The Vietnam Swans have been hosting the ANZAC Friendship Match in Vung Tau (near Saigon) since 2010. The match is used as a vehicle to “Honor lost lives; save young lives”. Funds and awareness are raised to support the local orphanage and Swim Vietnam (in Vietnam, more children die from drowning than road accidents).
For next year’s ANZAC Friendship Match in 2014, Golf Life Tours will organise tours from Australia and donate money to these two causes. For more information, click here.